History

1955:
Freyberg High School was opened in 1955 by Clarance Beeby in Palmerston North. The school was named after theleader of New Zealand’s World War II armed forces; Lieutenant General Bernard Freyberg.

1990: 
The suburb of Roslyn and the Freyberg school roll had both risen substantially. By this stage the school proudlyboasted it's own full-length pool, technology block, library, and gymnasium also named after Lord Freyberg.

2001:
A special needs centre, additional gymnasium and joint community indoor pool are added. Further classrooms werealso constructed to accommodate the school's growing roll.