Welcome to Careers@Freyberg'Naku te rourou nau te rourou ka ora ai te iwi.''With your basket and my basket, the people will live.'
The structure of the Careers Department at Freyberg High School is:
Helen Green Kate Ryan
Career Counsellor Gateway/STAR Coordinator
Career guidance is also delivered through academic coaching classes
Helen Green has a Graduate Diploma in Career Development (AUT) and is available for career meetings with students and with students & whānau anytime Tuesday to Friday. She is happy to meet with whānau after work hours.
Students can make an appointment by coming to F5 or by emailing Mrs Green.
Whānau can also email or call Helen for an appointment. (027 275 5754)
School wide career education can be viewed in 3 steps
1. Knowing who we are – our interests, skills, qualities, cultural and personal values.
2. Strengths education - understanding how to develop our capabilities and talents.
3. Optimism- understanding behaviours that develop and reflect a positive attitudes about ourselves.
FINDING FUTURE OPTIONS
1. Understanding the idea of being a life long learner.
2. Locating & using career information effectively. Understanding unique career requirements & the labour market.
3. Understanding how work contributes to our concept of self, to our local and global community.
MAKING DECISIONS & TAKING ACTION
Deciding and acting
1. Understanding future planning as a series of choices & decisions. Setting ambitious but realistic career goals.
2. Developing & implement short-term plans. Developing strategies to manage outcomes & obstacles. Being adaptable.
3. Applying for and securing further education, post school experiences or employment. Communicating effectively in portfolios, applications, CVs, and face-to-face interactions.
Phone: 06 358 4971Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office Open 7.30am to 4.00pm - Monday to Friday
Phone: 06 358 4971 ext. 709
or use the absence feature on the Freyberg App
Freyberg High School 33 Freyberg Street RoslynPalmerston North 4414